Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Because They Hate: Brigitte Gabriel

An incredibly well written book that did disturb me. This writer is neither an extremist nor a hater, she shares her life with the reader and brings up very valid concerns comparing what is happening in the US to what happened to her home of Lebanon. I especially liked her saying after 9/11 -where were the Muslims in our country showing outrage? Where were the Muslims around the world who were upset? All I have seen on TV are the leaders claiming they are being stereotyped, I never see them condeming violence or the teaching of hatred. This book made me realise that the leaders of the Arab countries are responsible for creating violent extremist, they control what their people are allowed to see and think. Reading this book has made me look want to research and has maybe made me a little paranoid. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment