Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Friday, January 7, 2011

The Stuff That Never Happened: Maddie Dawson

This was not a book I would typically pick up, but I saw it on some summer reading list and got it. It was more complex than a book about an unhappily married woman looking back at her life, but difficult to describe. It is so cleverly written and flows through time so flawlessly that my emotions were on a roller coaster. I enjoyed the ending and would recommend this read to anyone, especially newlyweds. It was an eye opener on what to expect out of marriage without being candy coated or cynical. I know I am not doing this book justice, but one needs to read it to become completely immersed for themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Bookbum,
    Thank you so much for your kind words about my book, and for letting others know about it. I am really pleased that you liked the story. I loved Annabelle and Grant and Jeremiah and have missed writing about them now that they're gone, and it is so lovely to know they're out there, reaching other people. Thank you again! Happy New Year!
    Maddie

    ReplyDelete