Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: Ransom Riggs

A really cute story for young readers. I think tackling the idea of time travel is difficult because it usually brings up a lot of questions on how things can happen, but Riggs does a really thorough job of explaining everything. I was still confused on why the date for the loop was chosen and why they were keeping Victor even though he was dead. I didn't seem like they would be able to create another loop and bring him back to life. I also thought it was odd that the main character's grandfather was not in the story for the 1940 date- when he supposedly left the island then. Other than that, it was an entertaining read and I can see the next generation loving these books as we loved Cirque Du Freak. I though it was clever creating both a strong girl and strong boy character, attracting both genders of readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment