Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Infidel: Ayaan Hirsi Ali

What an amazing book, the whole time reading it I kept thinking how normal she is and what a nightmare of a life... and how tough she turned out. I liked how matter of fact Ayaan is, she does not feel bad for herself or what she was put through. She wants to find work and better herself and she sees her countrymen as outsiders would view them (which is pretty much like squatters). I liked that she mentioned the religious books (bible, Quran) are written by mortals, their ideas are going to come through since they are their interpretations of the events. I liked this from page 282 " Humans themselves are the source of good and evil, I thought. We must think for ourselves; we are responsible for our own mortality." I was fascinated by how many changes she made in Holland for the refugees and human rights movement. This book made me look for other books of hers and youtube debates. Very interesting, intelligent, and inspirational person. Of course now I feel like I have done NOTHING with my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment