Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Monday, February 8, 2016

Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined By Stephenie Meyer

In this book as a "tenth anniversary special" of the release of "Twilight", the story deals with gender reversal. Bell becomes "Beau" and Edward becomes "Edythe" I don't feel this swap works- Beau kept me thinking "what a Sally" he talks about feelings and needs rescuing constantly. He plays house with his dad and has Edythe dive him around and pay for meals. He faints at the sight of blood. I was curious on why everyone in the book changed gender EXCEPT Bella's, (now Beau's) parents. The father still lives in Forks. Surprisingly the book, though I care less for the characters than in the original "Twilight", draws you in because you remember how the original book made you feel. I guess by the end I had mixed feelings. Sure Momma black likes to watch the game and her daughter likes to work on cars, but those characteristics just seem to make Beau look even less manly. I would recommend the book because I think I understand what the author was trying to do. Bella wasn't just a "damsel in distress" any mortal would be weak and helpless when compared to a vampire. With that in mind, I wouldn't read this one again, but it did get me pumped up to reread the original, so it does keep one interested in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment