Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Hour I First Believed: Wally

This story was quite the masterpiece. I understand why the author chose to write about Columbine, but somehow it seems disrespectful to imagine yourself in such a horrific incident so raw for those there. I enjoyed Lamb's other two books, but this one was odd. Off the bat I had trouble transitioning between the voices of the young protagonist and the current day Mr Quirk the flashbacks didn't seem smooth to me. A lot of the story seems like filler and I waded through it trying to figure out what could be in the remaining pages. Then it all started falling together it had to be difficult to organize so it would come together so well. It was a very good book. The horrible things that happened to he and his wife came so suddenly, just like life, yet he remains calm about it and almost completely unemotional, though not a static character. Another must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment