Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Who's Afraid of a Large Black Man: Charles Barkley

A very good book, I picked it up thinking it was going to be an autobiography on Charles Barkley, and not to be mean, was pleasantly surprised it wasn't, since I am not a big basketball fan. The book was composed of thoughts from people who want to better the world and the racial divide. it was only published 6 years ago, and I was amused that he didn't think Obama would become president. The book included historical figures that I ended up researching such as Bass Reeves (incorrectly spelled Reeds) and Myrlie Evers-Williams who were never mentioned in school lessons. The book was inspiring and optimistic about the future through pointing out things that need to change. I would recommend this as a good book to read. I gained a lot of respect for Morgan Freeman since he is not bitter like Barkley came across, he is very much a peaceful Nelson Mandella larger than life hero as is Bill Crosby, whom I hadn't realized had tragically lost a son.

No comments:

Post a Comment