Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dude, Where's My Country?: Michael Moore

I understand Michael Moore's books are his personal views, freedom of speech etc, but it seems like this one was nothing but speculation for the first half. The second half was a little better, i don't know if it was because I was worn down by that point or he was delivering actual information instead of a one man crusade. Even if I agreed with everything he said, I still think I would be turned off by how he delivers his information. He believes the readers should take his view without question, yes, the president made some huge mistakes, they all have- to err is to be human, yet Moore delivers the information in hindsight making it sound like he couldn't make errors in judgement. His arrogant tone alienated me and I was also raised patriotically where instead of bad mouthing those elected, you are proud of democracy. Just because you have the freedom of speech doesn't mean you should use it to be hateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment