Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Friday, February 3, 2012

The Invisable Wall: Harry Bernstein

An excellent story. It reminded me of Angela's Ashes where you think things have to get better, but difficulties just keep piling on for the family. I felt terrible not only for the children, but for the wife who had to deal with a horrid husband and her teenagers without any help or support. I requested the rest of his books from the library since I want to know what happens with the family you begin to care about. I wonder how many stories like Bernstein's are lost because they were never written down or orally passed down through the family. I was depressed to learn his sister and her entire family passed away within the next several years when they were the ones trying to improve relations in their neighborhood. His writing was superb and you could feel the love he had for his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment