Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Forest of Hands and Teeth: Carrie Ryan

A futuristic romance? novel for teen readers. It was OK. I hate finding inconsistencies and unbelievable things, but young teens may not question them. The love story was a bit too forced while she couldn't decide who she liked or what she wanted. I was amused by how the main character climbed out of the boy's window to hers, but she couldn't get into a girl's who was next door. At the end the lighthouse keeper said " we haven't seen this many Mudo before" then a few paragraphs later he says "some days it looks like this" talking about the number of Mudo on the beach...
I didn't particularly like the book, (though I think the zombie idea will be a hit with teens) yet I requested the second one in the series curious on where the author goes with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment