Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Hand Tossed Waves: Carrie Ryan

This was the second in a trilogy about an apocolyptic world overrun with Zombies. I know- how lame am I complaining about a book geared for teens, but this second book in the trilogy was too much like the first. Girl on a trail in the woods with her best friend and two love interests. I didn't get what happened to the Griffin kid who was in the fenced in roller coaster area. He was a threat and then he disappeared? I was also unconvinced that the mom- Mary- wouldn't have been looked for when she decided to go look for her old friends, if leaving the town was a crime. No one saw her for days and the important people she was to meet with all buy that she was sick? I wanted to know who the Mudo on the beach was that Mary seemingly recognized, but that was never mentioned. I didn't think Gabry was very remorseful about killing Daniel and couldn't relate to her constant "Oh I am so in love with you"  when the other boy wasn't around. At the end of the story I thought Catcher was ill- and he is manhandling cars? And why don't the mudo climb over the cars?

No comments:

Post a Comment