Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Friday, September 21, 2012

The Grand Inquisitor's Manual: Jonathan Kirsch

A very interesting read I happened to pick up simply because I liked the old timey cover. The book covered all the inquistitions from the 600 years of persecution of Cathars, witches, Jewish and Muslim converts, protestants to WWII, Moscow show trials, and the McCarthy Era. There are several other things that could be added like the Chinese Revolution, Rowanda, and Bosnia etc.
I knew a lot of the ideas the Nazi's used were used previously, but I was reminded that the nuremberg Laws were similar to the Jewry Law of 1268.
Disturbing book, but very insightful- I seem to be reading a lot of disturbing books lately...but this was very educational about history and how it repeats itself. It leaves you realizing humans can be very vile.

No comments:

Post a Comment