Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Zen and Now on the Trail of Robert Pirsig and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance :Mark Richardson

I thought I had put a hold on the actual Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig, so I was a little irritated when I started reading and realized it was someone reliving the Zen experience and writing about it. I thought it was going to be a copycat. It was actually a writer for a motorcycle magazine (which was the only reason I decided to read it and give this book a chance) who took the route to see where it would take him. This Zen and Now was Mark sharing his story about his collection of people and memories. He referenced Pirsig and quoted the original book throughout his story which made it seem more heartfelt about his purpose. I did enjoy it and if anything it made me want to read the original even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment