Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

The Fangs of Freelance: Drew Hayes

I liked the idea of this story, it was pretty original, I just had trouble getting into it. The narrator, Fred, is a vampire and works for a "parahuman" agency as an accountant. His girlfriend is "wild and exciting" and he is rather dull. He takes on a new assignment and he and his team have to stop a ghost from bringing unfathomably evil beings into the world. He also negotiates his girlfriend's earnings. The writer completely captures the dullness of the narration with the dullness of the character, but a lot of the dialog is...well...dull, I just kept waiting for something to happen. Actually lot of the action is unique and cool, but it's like listening to my dad (who is also an accountant) tell a story and my mind wandered a LOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment