Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

1984: George Orwell

After reading Fahrenheit 451, I decided to reread this story as well. I thought the section where Winston is reading the brotherhood's book was long and slow not to mention repetitive. Knowing what happens, the story was filled with moments of- NO don't do that! and was a depressing read. At least the first time I read it there was a possibility of a happy ending, there was hope. I did find the idea of three countries interesting especially that Oceania was so separated, the Americas, South Africa, Australia, and Britain. I would think that would be hard to protect across so many oceans. I was also interested in the idea of three social classes and how they evolve into one party and separate again. I had forgotten that he was left to live, if you can call his wandering state living, for some reason I thought he became an "unperson".

No comments:

Post a Comment