Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Dune: Frank Herbert

When Starting this book I kept thinking about how similar it was to Star Wars, after doing some research I realized it was written over 10 years before Star Wars. A family gets "relocated" from their planet to another desert one by order of the emperor. I don't know if I missed why this happened, but I didn't understand this throughout the book, anyway the Baron that had previously ruled the planet killed the duke.The duke's son and concubine were assumed dead, but actually sought refuge with the natives. The son gains power, realizes he had super human powers and his arrival had been prophesied. He seeks revenge and marries the emperor's daughter to ensure peace throughout the galaxy. There are large worms that get ridden and too many references to there being limited water on the planet. My husband really liked the book and it seemed geared towards young boys. It was still entertaining though.

No comments:

Post a Comment