Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fahrenheit 451: Ray Bradbury

I had read this as a child and decided to read it again to refresh my memory. I had forgotten most of the happenings of the book, merging them with 1984 and The Giver. I had forgotten that his wife Mildred turned him in and that the neighbor girl was killed by a car. The ending was new to me. I thought the teacher he had met was killed and I had forgotten the robot dog chasing him and he meeting with a pack of hobo teachers in the end. I was confused about the war. Who they were fighting against and who exactly bombed his town. I also don't think I realized when I was little that his wife did him a favor by turning him in for having forbidden books because it got him out of the town which saved his life. Reading this book as an adult made me think about the evolution of children's books, today most child and teen books have main characters that are around the same age as the target audience. This story followed an adult's life. It was still a great book for an adult and I enjoyed it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment