Whatcha reading?

Whatcha reading?

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Micro: Michael Crighton and Richard Preston

An interesting story again dealing with science. A company learns how to shrink objects, and then people, to approximately one inch. At first they intended to use the technology to send people out into the jungles of Hawaii to find new medicines, but then the founder gets greedy there is some question on if he stole the blueprints from another company he had worked for previously. People start disappearing. When I started reading I was afraid it was going to be similar to "Honey I shrunk the kids", but it wasn't a comedy. I was surprised on how many and which characters died. This story was good at pointing out how people you don't like seem to evolve into something pleasant once you get to know them. An enjoyable read, but I was still baffled on how there was a waterfall in the mud puddle they swam in.

No comments:

Post a Comment